e.Commerce is selling goods using web pages and the internet, it is conducting business on-line. This includes, buying and selling products, digital cash such as Paypal, and via Electronic Data Interchange (EDI).
Some of the components of e-commerce include:
A few ways to implement e-commerce include:
- Electronic presentation of goods and services (catalog)
- On-line ordering and payment processing (SSL)
- Automated customer account inquiries
- Receipt generation and on-line bill/account presentation
Benefits of e-commerce include:
- Develop an interactive database-driven online catalog
- Add secure on-line ordering capabilities with electronic payment, real-time shipping quotes and electronic receipts
- Web-enable invoices, receipts and statements for real-time presentation
- Increased order capacity with less human intervention
- Incresed margins by improving the transaction cycle processes
- Improved customer service by providing customers "What they want, when they want it"