Components of the RemoteDesk Solution
For each accounting system there are available the following components;
(More details are linked)
There are 3 main solutions types. They are;
The Administrator can manage and efficiently keep up-to-date any
number of remote sites. Communication to all sites is via E-Mail on the
Internet using an ISP, or using MS-Exchange Mail or FTP methods. It sends all data with configuration information to the remote client sites so they can be fully operational in a matter of hours. You select what type of remote they are; customer, branch or sales rep, and this will determine what type of data they will receive, and how much. It also automatically determines what fields they can access at entry time, giving you the power to control their entry, while giving them the power to control their ordering. Data is then automatically shared and quickly updated to all client sites from the central office by e-mail transfer, keeping them informed of shipping progress and invoicing. You can also update price lists, customer files, or send any unrelated files such as spreadsheets, or word processing documents to your remote clients.
Currently shipping with the new E-mailer add-on for even more power!
We have 5 main ways you can get the data to the RemoteDesk administrator and they are;
(1) You can use RemoteDesk as a quick order entry system on your Network. Multiple people have their own client
copy, they can customize the input screen to their liking, and the RemoteDesk Administrator component organizes all
the incoming data for posting to
(2)You can have your sales reps use a laptop to enter quotes, orders or invoices for sending back
to head office by using simple e-mail technologies. No lengthy log on times, and an update the next day of items,
quantities, order status, and updated A/R balances. RemoteDesk Client
(3)You can have a sales rep use a Windows CE or Pocket PCdevice to place orders for sending back
to head office by using e-mail or synchronizing with the cradle. No lengthy log on times, and an update the next day of items,
quantities, order status, and updated A/R balances.
(4)You can have customers send in orders using their laptop or PC for direct processing to head
office accounting using simple e-mail. RemoteDesk Customer
(5) You can have internet surfers or customers log into your on-line web based shopping cart
system for direct order placing and posting. RemoteDesk e.Commerce
RemoteDesk Remote Administrator
- RemoteDesk e.Commerce serves the same purpose as the Administrator only with
the added functionality of web integration. It resides at the head office, and polls the website or e-mail system for web sourced orders,
in addition to the ability to receive orders from salesrep laptops, branch office
PC's, customers or PocketPC devices.
The eCommerce version adds the ability to interpret free-form e-mails and correlate them
to accounting based inventory items, customers, ship-tos, and more.
RemoteDesk Client - 1 included - Quote/Order Processing
- This serves a similar purpose to the RemoteDesk Administrator, but it is used
exclusively for remote locations that have multiple users feeding that 'hub', which
in turns feeds the RemoteDesk Administrator a 'consolidated' batch from all the remote
users. This is ideal for trade show scenarios, and store fronts.
RemoteDesk Invoicer - Quote/Order & Invoice Processing
- Each remote site needs a remote client version that resides on their machine. It is a full order entry and quote processing system with your company parameters and data downloaded to them at set up time. Sites do not require any other accounting software module, saving thousands of dollars in software, setup and training. RemoteDesk remote version holds all of your data files such as customer, inventory and pricing in one complete database. The only setup required is to enter the e-mail address. The orders and other data files are sent as e-mail attachments which are uniquely encrypted and compressed for each site to ensure data security. Only new orders and if applicable customer records are sent back to the head office for processing.
- Each remote site that wants the added capability of invoicing too, would select this
module versus the Client Module.
- Every customer you want to provide with the ability to send you orders, 24 hours a day, just by using their internet e-mail, requires a copy of RemoteDesk customer. This module handles the updating of inventory items, A/R account balances, special pricing and order status updates automatically, as well as posts the orders received from customers directly into the accounting system.
Contact Management System add-ons
RemoteDesk for Windows CE
RemoteCE is an add-on that works in conjunction
with our RemoteDesk Administrator product. It
allows remote sources to send orders using a Windows CE/PocketPC device
to a central office for direct posting to accounting.
Bar Coding Solution
Bravo Software Group has taken the RemoteCE solution one step further by providing integrated
barcode capabilities. By capturing data
through the use of an integrated PocketPC device, or a PocketPC device with a wand/pen attachment, you can bring orders
directly into RemoteDesk.
RemoteDesk lets you receive remote orders or invoices for direct posting into your accounting system.