RemoteDesk Technical Profile - Components
(1) Communication Methods
- RemoteDesk provides a number of methods to make communicating easy with remote PCs. The product facilitates batch mode operation of data to remote PCs using;
- Most MAPI compliant E-mail systems
- RemoteDesk through its MAPI interface reads the Exchange Profiles
that have been set up for your E-mail addresses either through an
intranet , Internet or ISDN line. RemoteDesk accesses all of your
existing mail addresses and utilizes existing company communication
hardware through Windows 95 or Windows NT.
- Lotus Notes or cc.Mail
- RemoteDesk supports the Lotus mail system through its VIM
components. A special configuration screen in RemoteDesk allows
connection to the Lotus Post Office and to the mail system for all E-
commerce communications along with your Lotus groupware data.
- Internet Service Providers or an ISDN line and Mail Gateways
- RemoteDesk can use POP3 and SMTP for mail communications. You would enter in the Mail server names and RemoteDesk takes care of the connection.
- File Transfer Protocol FTP
- ** SPECIAL NOTE ** RemoteDesk does not integrate directly to America Online. They have a proprietary system that is not SMTP or MAPI compliant. If you are using this system, please contact us for setup details.
(3) SOFTWARE INTEGRATION
- PC or compatible standard configuration
- Ethernet connection
- Internal Modem
- Hard disk space requires 250 MB free
- 3 MB ram for Windows
- USB or CD ROM drive
RemoteDesk is fast, easy and economical!
No more re-keying or delays in order processing!
Let RemoteDesk Maximize your e-mail...
|©2000 Bravo Software Group EC, EDI & Internet Integrators Contact